Read the information below and follow the instructions to effectively submit your recordings for next years placements.
For current freshmen women:
1. Record yourself singing “My Country Tis of Thee” without music. A Cappella style. Use the key provided from the practice track found on the documents page link.
2. Record yourself sight reading Example #5 from the Eb Major SR. The link is also under the document tab. Use the Eb Major SR tonic triad track when you record so your 30 second practice time is recorded.
3. Submit both recordings to Mr. Smith via his email. If files are too big you can upload them to YouTube and send the link or put them in google files and send the link.
4. Recordings are due by Sunday evening at 11:59 PM. If you do not submit you will remain in the choir from this year. Do your best and be confident. I am not looking for perfection. I want to see and hear what you can do and where you are at right now. YOU CAN DO THIS!! 🙂
For Tenors, Basses, and 10th/11th Altos and Sopranos:
SR Material and Chromatic Scale tracks are on the “DOCUMENTS” tab of the website
2. Once the above form is submitted, record yourself singing the chromatic scale warm up. This must be done A CAPPELLA (without the use of the track I have provided). Get your starting pitch from the provided practice track or pick your own. Make sure you sing with good vowels and strong support.
3. Students auditioning for A Cappella/Statesmen ONLY will record example #2 from the A Major Sight Reading link. Use the practice track when you record so the tonic is played and you have a 30 second practice time with tonic played again. You will sing the example after the 30 second practice time and tonics.
4. Students auditioning for Mixed Choir will record example #1 from the E Minor Sight Reading link. Use the practice track when you record so the tonic is played and you have a 30 second practice time with the tonic played again. You will sing the example after the 30 second practice time and tonics.
5. Once you have a recording you are good with of the chromatic scale and sight reading, submit both by email to Mr. Smith. Due by 11:59 pm Sunday, May 3, 2020.
TAKE YOUR TIME AND PRACTICE BEFORE YOU SUBMIT YOUR RECORDINGS!
Be confident while you sing
Use the tracks for warm ups and practice materials to your advantage before you record
Don’t wait until Sunday night to record and submit in case you have issues.
Make sure your friends are working and submitting their videos so they don’t miss their chance at auditioning for a varsity level ensemble.
***Students who do not send in recordings will not advance to a varsity level ensemble even if they were previously in Statesmen, A Cappella, or Mixed Choir this school year***