SENIORS!!! Take some time and fill out the form below. We want to recognize you as we go through the spring semester. Once you are done, be sure to send Mr. Smith your Senior Photo!
Let’s get ready for Presidents’ Day!! We need your help to get our routes placed at your students’ supporters’ home on 2/13 and picked up on 2/20. We will provide you with a route that is optimized to save you time. All you need to do is read a map, drive a car and proudly place a flag in one of our flag sleeves. Each car/team should contain 2 or 3 volunteers to help speed up the process. To save time in the parking lot, we will have staggered pickup times starting at 8AM. Signup is per vehicle, not person. We will track who is with you to get credit for your volunteer points/hours and provide those to each director.
Ideally the route you take is the route you pickup. We will be at the locker on 2/20 at 8AM to collect the flags.
CubeSmart is right behind Chick-Fil-A. Unit 30 is all the way to the back and around the corner.
Contact Andy Lewis at (firstname.lastname@example.org) or text/call (281.974.0698) for questions or if you want to reserve a route.
The Spring Semester Parent Meeting is Monday, January 25 at 6:30 pm.
The booster board will be meeting at 6:00 and Mr. Smith will let parents into the zoom upon conclusion of the board meeting. Log in information is below. This meeting will discuss the events for this semester and what we will be doing to facilitate concerts and audience members.
Topic: January Choir Parent Meeting
Time: Jan 25, 2021 6:00 PM for BOOSTER BOARD ONLY 6:30 PM FOR PARENTS
Meeting ID: 836 9377 3540
The Winter Concert was tremendous! Every choir did a beautiful job singing and being audience members. Mrs. Robilotto and Mr. Smith are very proud of the hard work and dedication you all put in to make this happen. We know it is a different time and strange to do what we did but making music is so important these days and sharing it with everyone is just as important. Please enjoy listening to the recordings from the concert and the videos will be available as soon as we have them back from the A/V Tech Department.
The Choir Winter Concert will on Monday, December 7 from 2:45 – 5:00 pm. This is only for choir students and will not have a live family/friend audience. We will be making a video recording of this concert. Due to COVID restrictions and spacing availability this is a closed concert.
Students will stay after school on Dec 7 for warm-up and rehearsal in the auditorium. After this time all students will have the opportunity for snack/water and changing into their concert attire. The choir will be providing snacks and water for students. If your student has a dietary restriction, please have them bring what they need for the afternoon.
Attire is black dress clothing and should be chosen from the following:
– Black dress pants
– Black knee length/ floor length skirt
– Black Long Sleeve Button Down Shirt
– Black modest blouse with a sleeve (sleeveless is not an option)
– Black dress shoes or flats (must be close-toed for safety)
Things to consider when gathering clothing:
– White on the outfit is not allowed
– White on shoes is not allowed
– Sneakers are not allowed
– Heels are discourage (no more than 2 inches if you only have heels to wear)
– Sparkly and glittery blouses are not allowed
– Jewelry is not worn (small studs only in the ears)
– Hair is styled away from the face and up
– Make-up is normal and not over done
– Guys will need to tuck in their shirt so please have a belt
If you need any assistance with obtaining clothing, please reach out to the directors ASAP!
Monday, October 26: Booster Meeting (Info to join is below)
Please join us this evening for as we vote in new board members, discuss Seniors, etc.
Topic: GOHS Choir Booster Club Meeting
Time: Oct 26, 2020 06:00 PM Central Time (US and Canada)
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 956 8585 5913
One tap mobile
+13462487799,,95685855913#,,,,,,0#,,303428# US (Houston)
+16699009128,,95685855913#,,,,,,0#,,303428# US (San Jose)
Dial by your location
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
Meeting ID: 956 8585 5913
Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/ac4PvmKZZc
October 27 ALL DAY: Spirit Day at Gringo’s
Visit Gringo’s and let your server know you are supporting Grand Oaks Choir!
November 4&5: Choir Recordings
Choirs will be recording their fall music during class time these two days. Please wear jeans and your choir shirt (THIS SCHOOL YEAR’S SHIRT)
This recording is for in-person and hybrid learners only
November 7: GO Flags
GO Flags is still in need of 17 volunteers for Saturday, November 7. Please sign up to help place flags. Volunteers will receive TWO letter jacket points for helping! Sign up link is below in the previous post.
The next GO Flags placement and pick up is November 7 and November 14. We need numerous choir students to help volunteer this round as other fine arts groups on campus have previous engagements these dates. Any choir student that volunteers and follows through with the commitment will receive TWO letter jacket points for their time and effort. To sign up for a spot, please use the link below.
***We received a $5,000 check from GO Flags last week*** Support this program!
ALL STATE RESULTS
Our choir had 25 students audition for Round One of the All State process. Out of those 25 students 15 received a District or Region placement. They are as follows:
Marion Beerman – Soprano 1
Ella Moran – Soprano 2
Shaela Valenzuela – Soprano 2
Marie Edwards – Alto 1
Carisma Guajardo – Alto 1
Mark Wui – Tenor 2
Region/Advancing to Round Two:
Hannah Jane Thompson – Soprano 1
Molly Drummond – Soprano 1
Jane Sundy – Soprano 1
Avery Kniffen – Soprano 1
Rusetsa Karamagi – Soprano 2
Anna Skoy – Soprano 2
Amethyst O’Brien – Alto 2
Toby Holloway – Tenor 2
Ruadhan Lundberg – Tenor 2
CONGRATULATIONS TO THESE STUDENTS!! We are so proud of you!
Thank you to everyone that attended our zoom meeting Monday night. We appreciate your support of the choir program at Grand Oaks. Below you will find the recap of what was discussed and the documents from our Booster Club.
***We are in need of a treasurer and president for the booster club or we will no longer have this organization. Please consider joining and also running for a board position***
I. Welcome by directors
II. Handbook can be found on the choir website under “Documents”
– Make sure to read through and familiarize yourself with the information
– The choir website – subscribe to receive notifications of updates
– Social Media – @grandoakschoir on Instagram
III. Choir Fee: $45
– Can be paid on line or at school to the financial secretary
– You can pay in small amounts if you have financial concerns
– Reach out to the directors if there are financial issues we should be aware of
– We want your student to be able to participate in choir, please don’t let a fee hold them back
– Make sure your virtual learner knows how to do their attendance check-in for choir
– Assignments are located in “modules” AND “assignments” on Canvas
– Virtual learners need the choir binder and music (e-mail your director if needing those items)
– Most assignments are rehearsal videos and responding to those recordings
– Assessments will now be done through singing (student will need 2 devices to play tracks and record for their grade)
– Virtual – Student learns at home 100%
– Face to Face – Student learns at school
– Hybrid – Student learns at home but comes up for choir rehearsals
– Hybrid students need to be consistent to choir rehearsals
– F2F students need to be at school and be consistent to choir. They will be behind from missing and we will not be going back to reteach what they missed
– There is currently NO CHOIR CALENDAR for the school year
– No fall semester live audience concerts (DISTRICT RULE)
– If information changes for the spring we will notify parents and send a calendar ASAP
VII. GO FLAGS
– Thank you to those students and parents that volunteered for the first round of flags
– Round 2 will be in November…sign up to help GO Flags and also receive a letter jacket point
– They give back a lot to GOHS Choir and we need to support them so it continues
VIII. Booster Club
– Please download the two links below
– We are in need of a booster president and treasurer to keep the booster up and running
– Consider joining and volunteering!
IX. Thank you for joining us this evening and we are excited to be making music again!
– E-mail the directors for any questions you may have!
Monday afternoon from 5:30-6:30 pm we will be handing out choir shirts and popsicles! Drive around to the back of GOHS and the choir officers will be there to help you find your shirt and give you a treat. Make sure to pay at least $10 of your choir fee to receive a shirt. If you are having any financial troubles, please contact the choir directors ASAP. See you Monday for shirts and desserts!
Monday evening at 7:00 pm we have our mandatory parent zoom meeting. Please plan on attending so you are up to date with all choir policies, procedures, and general information for this semester. If you have any questions, please let us know so we can answer it during the zoom.
Zoom Log-In Information:
Meeting Log-in ID: 956 3473 2036
It is time for our first choir social of the year!
Sign up is below the social information.
Get ready to join us for a variety night and show us what you can do
Time to sing, act, dance, play, etc. Just make sure everything is SCHOOL APPROPRIATE!
Fill out the form here…https://forms.gle/ZjdEy9sapSC4bU4RA