There will be a choir parent meeting on Tuesday, August 16, 2022 at 6:30pm in the GOHS Auditorium. We realize this is the night after in person Open House but we will be discussing all of the choir information, booster information, possible spring trip information, passing out the choir calendar and handbook, and answering questions you may have for the upcoming school year. (10 minutes of open house is not enough time)
Parents will check in by initialing next to their student’s name on attendance rosters. This is to know who was in attendance and to let us know which students will need to receive the handbook and calendar in class to bring home.
The roster of students that auditioned and made Chamber Singers for 22-23 will be posted here and on the Instagram (@grandoakschoir) on Monday mid-morning. Any student on the roster that cannot commit to the requirements below will need to e-mail Mr. Smith by Friday, August 5 so your spot can be replaced. We understand that the requirements stated below may not be doable by all in the ensemble and that is okay. Though you will be removed from Chamber Singers, you will still be in either A Cappella or Statesmen during the school day.
Chamber Singers Requirements:
– Most rehearsals will be on Monday evenings from 5:30 – 7:00 pm in the choir room (a detailed rehearsal schedule will be out when school begins)
– Depending on holidays/concerts/etc some rehearsals may be moved earlier or to a different date. This will be on the calendar specifically for Chamber Singers.
– Students that frequently arrive to rehearsal late will be removed from the ensemble.
– You must notify Mr. Smith 24 hours in advance if you are going to miss a rehearsal. Students that fail to make contact and miss rehearsal will only be allowed 2 unexcused rehearsals and will then be removed from the ensemble.
– Students that miss frequently even with contact, may be removed from the ensemble.
– As a member of the top ensemble you will perform at pep rally’s, concerts, and extra events.
– We will be traveling to San Antonio March 3-4, 2023 for Madrigal Festival. This is a required trip for the ensemble. Information on this trip and the cost will be out when school begins.
– Members of this ensemble must maintain academic eligibility. Failure can result in removal.
– Members of this ensemble will not have discipline issues in any class.
**Contact Mr. Smith by Friday, August 5 if you are unable to be in Chamber Singers**