Happy St. Patrick’s Day! I figured I would start with something uplifting. I hope Spring Break was restful and slightly non-eventful for all of you.
By now I am sure you’ve heard from the district in some form that we are out of school until at least April 10 with a start back date of April 13. This could change during the next weeks so please make sure you are connected in some fashion to receive updates from Conroe ISD. Also, this would be a great time to make sure you are subscribed to this blog for updates and our choir Remind101. Codes for Remind can be found on the website or in our handbook.
I know many of you have questions and some have even reached out to me via e-mail regarding events and trips. At this time, I am working on several things so be patient as we navigate this uncharted water together. I will do my best to cover any questions you may have and if you feel you need more clarification, please contact me and I will do my best to provide you answers.
- All choir related concerts, meetings, and rehearsals are CANCELLED from now until school resumes.
- Once we are back in school (whenever that occurs) a new calendar will come out, when possible, with updated events, dates, and times.
- The entire school and fine arts team will have to sit down and figure out how to proceed for the remainder of the school year once we have more information from GOHS and Conroe ISD.
- As of now I cannot answer if we will be performing at UIL, having banquet, a pop show, etc. Please hold off those questions as they are not important at this time.
- I have contacted the tour company for our spring trip. I am awaiting responses to my questions about cancellations and refunds. Once I know, you will know. Thank you for being patient while we try and figure this out. No one expected this to happen and most companies have never had to deal with something of this nature.
- All fine arts teachers across the district are working this week to come up with plans and activities for students to access and do while out for these next few weeks. We want them to remain engaged and help them throughout this time. Use our choir website as a hub for information, links, videos, work assignments, activities, etc. This would also be a good time to follow the choir instagram if you have one. @grandoakschoir
- I will send out Reminds, E-mails, and post here with any new information or work assignments frequently the next few weeks.
- As hard as it may be, try and enjoy this time with your students/parents. There is no use in being negative during this situation. Make the most out of this while being safe and staying healthy. We want all of our families well and our students coming back to GOHS as soon as possible. I cannot wait to make music again and try to finish this year out strong.
I miss all of you very much and wish we were at school preparing for our upcoming events. We will be back together soon enough and will continue to build upon everything we have done this school year. Stay safe, look both ways before you cross the street, and wash your hands…thoroughly! – Mr. Smith